Skirmish Islands

Novembre 15, 2018, 21:55:11
Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
Avez-vous perdu votre courriel d'activation?

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session
Pages: [1]   Bas de page
  Imprimer  
Auteur Fil de discussion: out. We had a run-scoring opportunity and we dont get it done there," Porter sai  (Lu 352 fois)
bellis555
Dieu

Popularité : 0
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« le: Septembre 04, 2017, 11:18:15 »

The Montreal Canadiens may be among the best teams in the NHL this season, but its certainly not due to their power play. Cheap NFL Jerseys . Theyre hoping a 40-year-old can fix it. Sergei Gonchar may make his Canadiens debut tonight when they try to match their longest winning streak of the season by beating the Boston Bruins again. Montreals 23 points trail only Anaheim, Vancouver and Tampa Bay, and getting its power play clicking should keep it among the NHLs elite. The Canadiens power play ranks 28th, converting just 3 of 42 chances, and one was an empty-netter by P.A. Parenteau in a 6-4 win over Boston on Oct. 16. P.K. Subban had Montreals last goal with the man advantage on Oct. 18, and the Habs are 0 for 22 since. Carey Price overshadowed those struggles Tuesday, making 29 saves in a 3-0 win over Winnipeg for his first shutout of the season. Montreal (11-4-1) struck a deal prior to the victory to address the units woes, acquiring Gonchar from Dallas in exchange for left wing Travis Moen. Hes a guy who has made a career out of his work on the power play, coach Michel Therrien told the teams official website. Well see how things play out, but hes definitely a guy with a lot of experience who has always been known for his vision and quick thinking on the power play. We have to work as a unit of five. Communication is important. Gonchar had one assist in three games with the Stars after returning from an ankle injury. However, 14 of his 22 points in 2013-14 came on the power play, and his 798 points rank 16th all-time among defensemen. The move shouldnt surprise anyone because weve struggled a little bit on the power play, said defenseman Andrei Markov, Gonchars teammate on various Russia national teams. Hes a great player for it. Hes a great player all around. Hopefully, hes going to help us move forward with the power play, and move forward in everything else. Price is practically doing it on his own, winning his last two starts while stopping 59 of 60 shots, increasing his save percentage from .907 to .918. He had 25 saves against the Bruins (10-7-0) last month, beating the Original Six rival for the fifth time in six home meetings - including the playoffs - with a 1.49 goals-against average. I cant score on him in practice, and it really hurts my self-esteem, defenseman Mike Weaver joked. Hes there for every key save out there. Hes able to stop the best goal scorers out there. The Bruins issues went beyond scoring in Wednesdays 6-1 loss to Toronto that ended a season-high five-game winning streak. We just stunk the joint out, coach Claude Julien said. Weve got a game (Thursday night in Montreal). You certainly cant cut down your bench when you play the next night, and even if I did, I dont think I wouldve been able to put anybody out there that deserved to be out there. That included Tuukka Rask, who was pulled early in the second period after giving up four goals on 16 shots. Its unclear if hell be back in net since hes 3-11-3 with a 2.80 GAA in 18 career regular-season meetings with the Canadiens, surrendering five goals on 23 attempts before being lifted in the third period last month. Carl Soderberg was held without a point Wednesday after getting six over the previous five games. The center, who is tied with Patrice Bergeron with a team-high 13 points, has a goal in each of his last two regular-season visits to Montreal. Custom NFL Jerseys . The same for both the Calgary Flames and the Edmonton Oilers. Buy NFL Jerseys .com) - James Harden put the Houston Rockets on his back and willed them to an overtime victory on Thursday. http://www.nflcolor.com/ .  Go to turbozone.ca to see more of his epic work and you can follow him on twitter (@Turbo_Zone). Gaurav Shastri - A tribute to the amazing fan base who stand outside during games at "Jurassic Park" and an unbelievable shot of Paul Pierce fearing a Raptor.HOUSTON -- Jerome Williams wants to be a starter for the Los Angeles Angels next season. Williams kept on making his case Sunday, winning a third straight start for the first time since April 2004 as the Angels beat Houston 2-1 to send the Astros to their 98th loss of the season. Houston, a big league-worst 51-98, is on the verge of becoming the first major league team to reach triple figures in losses in three consecutive seasons since Kansas City from 2004-06. The Astros were 56-106 in 2011 and dropped to 55-107 last year, their final year in the National League. Williams (8-10) entered following wins over Tampa Bay and Toronto, and he allowed one run on five hits in seven innings. "This team is a real good team," said Williams, who began the season in the bullpen. "I would love to come back and be part of this team and hopefully make that run for next year." A veteran of 10 seasons, Williams knows he has to produce. "I just have to keep on working," Williams said. "I think I have two more starts, and I just have to keep building on it. I cant control what happens after; all I can control is what Im doing on the mound right now. Thats what Im trying to do, and let everything else fall into place." Angels manager Mike Scioscia said Williams has pitched solidly since moving into the rotation in May. "Hes given us chances to win," Scioscia said. Williams benefited from solid defence and a two-inning relief appearance by Ernesto Frieri, who earned his 34th save in 38 chances. "It was a good defensive game for us," Scioscia said. Josh Hamilton had an RBI triple in the first off Paul Clemens (4-5), a drive off the glove of centre fielder Brandon Barnes as he went up Tals Hill. Mike Trout had reached with his AL-leading 100th walk. "There arent many ballparks that would hold that ball," Scioscia said. "I think that in any other ballpark were playing thats a two-run home run." Andrew Romine hit a sacrifice fly in the fifth after sinngles by Erick Aybar and Hank Conger. NFL Jerseys On Sale. Frieri entered with two on in the eighth and got six outs, including four via strikeout. After Jose Altuves eighth-inning sacrifice, Frieri struck out Trevor Crowe and Brett Wallace. Matt Dominguez singled on a 12-pitch at-bat leading off the ninth, and Frieri retired three in a row. "Its certainly not our preference to have him go six outs, especially when hes got to throw 25-30 pitches, but he felt good today and over the course of the last 10 days he hasnt been out there that much," Scioscia said. "He felt fresh." Frieri said he appreciated the trust. "This time of the season, Im 100 per cent ready to go," Frieri said. "Whenever they call for you down in the bullpen, you have to be ready, mentally and physically." Los Angeles has won five of six overall and 14 of its last 17 road games. Marc Krauss homered in the second for the Astros, his fourth of the season. Clemens, making his third career start, allowed six hits in seven innings. "It was impressive," Astros manager Bo Porter said. "I felt like he did a tremendous job of using all of his pitches." Houston left seven on base and was 0 for 4 with runners in scoring position. "First and third one out. We had a run-scoring opportunity and we dont get it done there," Porter said. "You have second and third, one out and unable to get it done there again. We had our opportunities, and we just werent able to capitalize." NOTES: RHP Dane De La Rosa made his 70th appearance, setting an Angels record for rookie appearances. He let two on in the eighth before exiting. ... Trout is the first AL player in history with 70 extra-base hits, 30 stolen bases and 100 walks in a season. ... Astros rookie Max Stassi (concussion) said he remains hopeful to catch before the end of the season. Stassi, who has been sidelined since Aug. 21 after he took a pitch to the face in a 5-4 loss at Texas, caught another bullpen session Sunday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Journalisée
Pages: [1]   Haut de page
  Imprimer  

Aller à: