Skirmish Islands

Août 20, 2018, 21:02:25
Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
Avez-vous perdu votre courriel d'activation?

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session
Pages: [1]   Bas de page
  Imprimer  
Auteur Fil de discussion: attendance of the past 30 years - a still respectable 17,817 - as the team finis  (Lu 273 fois)
bellis555
Dieu

Popularité : 0
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« le: Octobre 21, 2017, 04:43:05 »

PITTSBURGH, Pa. Marc Staal Jersey . - The New York Rangers have momentum, a unified locker room and Henrik Lundqvist. The Pittsburgh Penguins have two of the worlds best players and a coach who could be needing a win to keep his job. No pressure or anything, just a Game 7 that could alter the long-term future of one of the NHLs most stable franchises and boost the immediate prospects of an emotionally charged group rallying around one of the games most respected veterans. Looking overmatched and overwhelmed while falling behind 3-1 to the Penguins four games into the Eastern Conference semifinals, its the Rangers who head to Game 7 on Tuesday night looking like the team ready to move on. Martin St. Louis, just days removed from the death of his mother, scored the first of New Yorks three goals in Game 6 to provide the jolt that carried the Rangers all the way back from the brink. The way St. Louis figures it, he is simply repaying the guys in a dressing room hes still learning after arriving in New York after a trade with Tampa Bay in February. "I think when something like that happens to one person to see the support you get from everybody else, it really makes it real," he said. "Theres not phoniness about the family feeling you want to create." Its a feeling that ebbs and flows in Pittsburgh. Dominant and disruptive to start the series, the Penguins have spent the last six periods giving New York every reason to believe it can rally from a 3-1 deficit for the first time in franchise history. Centre Sidney Crosby has just one goal in 12 games. The power play — which tied with Washington for the leagues best in the regular season — has converted just one of its past 19 chances. And now coach Dan Bylsma finds himself 60 minutes away from either taking the Penguins back to the conference finals for the third time in six years or possibly looking for work. Not that Bylsma is ready to talk about the big picture yet. The task at hand is worrisome enough. "These are the ones you dream about playing," Bylsma said. "This is one were going to remember." The memories havent been kind to the Penguins in deciding games on home ice. Pittsburgh is just 2-6 at home in Game 7s in franchise history, including losses to Montreal in 2010 and Tampa Bay three years ago. The Penguins played the entire series against the Lightning without Crosby or Evgeni Malkin, who sat out with injuries. Both have been healthy this time around, skating alongside each other in the hopes theyll provide offence. Only Malkin, who has six goals in 13 games, has delivered. Though Crosby ended a 13-game playoff goal drought in Game 3, he spent as much time in Game 6 jawing with the Rangers and getting water squirted on him by Lundqvist as he did trying to become the magnetic force that can sometimes change the course of a game with his will. Crosby insists he is healthy even while averaging just .75 points per game during the post-season, well below his career playoff average of 1.28. The leagues leading scorer received a pep talk from Penguins co-owner and Hall of Famer Mario Lemieux in the aftermath of Game 6. Having a quick chat is nothing new for Crosby and his mentor. "He definitely has a pretty good understanding of dealing with the pressure," Crosby said. So does Lundqvist. The goaltender thrives when the pressure is its highest. He was New Yorks best player early in the series, the main reason 3-2, 2-0 and 3-0 losses didnt look worse. When it looked as if the Rangers were out of it after falling behind 3-1, he responded by stopping 67 of the next 69 shots he faced and is 9-2 with a 1.35 goals-against average with the Rangers facing elimination. The three-time All-Star is 4-1 in Game 7s. "He takes his game up to another level," New York coach Alain Vigneault said. "But this Game 7 against this team, its going to have to be a team level. Its going to have to be everybody taking their game to another level." The same can be said in the Penguins dressing room, which could have a very different look. If the team built to become a dynasty after winning it all in 2009 falls short of the Stanley Cup finals for the fifth straight season. The Penguins won that title in Game 7 on the road against Detroit, the defending champions. To take the next step back they have to find that magic at home. "We worked hard all year to get home ice in the playoffs," Crosby said. "To get to this point weve got to look at this like an opportunity and make the most of it." James Patrick Jersey . Aaron Hill and Cliff Pennington hit home runs in the first inning for the Diamondbacks, who beat the Miami Marlins 3-2 on Friday night. Custom New York Rangers Jerseys . - Leon Draisaitl scored a hat trick as the Prince Albert Raiders stormed past the Swift Current Broncos 5-2 in Western Hockey League action Tuesday. http://www.rangershockeyonlineshop.com/ron-greschner-hockey-jersey/ . Dalton completed his only pass and led the Bengals to a touchdown in his only drive -- one that took four minutes to finish -- and the Cincinnati Bengals ended the preseason with a 27-10 victory over the Indianapolis Colts on Thursday night.It’s 20 years since Sheffield Wednesday topped the Premier League and 16 years since they were even in the top flight. But one player from that period is still lacing up his boots and PFA chairman Ritchie Humphreys is wondering where the time’s gone for the Owls… People always remember that first day of the 1996/97 season because David Beckham scored from the halfway line, Ritchie Humphreys tells Sky Sports. Thats a really iconic moment in Premier League history. But thats not why Humphreys remembers it.I also scored that day for Wednesday, he says. Its funny the way its coming around. When it gets to August, itll be 20 years since I first came on the scene. After winning those first four games, we were top of the Premier League. We did well that year. Humphreys in action against West Hams Scott Minto in January 1999 In the end, they finished seventh. Not that it was considered particularly out of the ordinary at the time. The Owls had won the League Cup in 1991, finished third in the top division in 1992 and then went to Wembley four times in a month the following year.Both cup finals were narrowly lost to Arsenal, the FA Cup after a replay, but the memory of a semi-final win over Sheffield United after extra-time has lingered long - particularly for a boyhood Blade in Humphreys.It was kind of weird for me because I had been released by Sheffield United, the team Id supported as a boy, he says. But to go to an FA Cup final at 15 was amazing. We got the opportunity to go down as part of the centre of excellence.Three years later, he was Wednesdays bright young thing, scoring in wins over Aston Villa and Leeds before netting a memorable Monday Night Football goal against Leicester - chipping Kasey Keller from long range.Absolutely brilliant, said former Owls boss Trevor Francis on co-commentary for Sky Sports. Absolute arrogance, replied Alan Parry in delight. Seen by some as the natural successor to Chris Waddle, Humphreys had arrived. It all started back then, he says. It will never leave me. I got an England Under-21 cap straight away off the back of those performances.He might not have hit the same heights since but its been a successful career spanning more than 700 appearances for seven clubs. At 38, hes looking to sign a new contract at Chesterfield and extend his stint as the PFAs chairman.I played in Chesterfields last reserve game, he recalls. We won 3-2 and I scored the first goal. Somebody pointed out that the first goalscorer - me - was older than the other two goalscorers put together. That did make me feel old. PFA chairman Humphreys is still playing for Chesterfield at the age of 38 Many of the Humphreys team-mates at Sheffield Wednesday are now in their fifties. Ryan McDonagh Jersey. They were seasoned internationals well before some of his current colleagues were born. They are the best players Ive played with, he admits.Chris Waddle, John Sheridan, Des Walker, Chris Woods, Dan Petrescu, Paolo Di Canio… What an upbringing for me? When we were YTS lads, pretty much the whole team were internationals. So you couldnt help but learn.There were also guys like Regi Blinker, Marc Degryse, Benito Carbone, Steve Nicol at the back end of his career. It doesnt seem that long ago but when you think of everything thats happened since… The richest game in football Sheffield Wednesday and Hull can expect an instant cash boost if they clinch promotion on Saturday. For Wednesday supporters if not Humphreys, much of whats followed has been a disappointment. Relegated from the Premier League in 2000 - top players had to leave because of the wages and stuff - the club dropped into the third tier by 2003.Id left by the time they went to League One but weve seen it happened to a few clubs in Yorkshire with Leeds and Bradford too, he adds. There was a play-off promotion in 2005 - against Humphreys Hartlepool - but the low point was yet to come.After dropping into League One again in 2010, the following season saw the lowest average attendance of the past 30 years - a still respectable 17,817 - as the team finished outside of the top 60 in the country. Now theyre one game away from returning to the games elite. Its been a long time. I hope they do it for the city. Ritchie Humphreys The prize is huge, worth an estimated £170m to the club. But its significance to Sheffield is more than mere money. Ive got friends in the city who are all Sheffield Wednesday and theyll all be there on Saturday, says Humphreys. Its a tremendous day.For a club of that size to be out of the top flight for as long as they have is a big deal. Its been a long time. I hope they do it for the city. Its got the fan base and its got the history. Hopefully theyll find their way back. Also See: The richest game in football How to win a play-off final Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Journalisée
Pages: [1]   Haut de page
  Imprimer  

Aller à: