Skirmish Islands

Août 18, 2018, 10:04:25
Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
Avez-vous perdu votre courriel d'activation?

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session
Pages: [1]   Bas de page
  Imprimer  
Auteur Fil de discussion: wing and the chemistrys definitely coming around and you can see it on th  (Lu 228 fois)
bellis555
Dieu

Popularité : 0
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« le: Décembre 11, 2017, 04:33:03 »

CHICAGO -- The Kansas City Royals think this is only the beginning. Jadon Sancho Jersey . Wait until next year comes around. Bruce Chen pitched four-hit ball into the seventh inning and Kansas City beat the Chicago White Sox 4-1 on Sunday in the finale of the Royals best season in 24 years. "Its a good start. I think were making progress as an organization," said manager Ned Yost, who completed the final season of his contract but is expected to return next year. "Ten games over .500, its a significant first step and we need to continue to build on it." Kansas City won three of four in Chicago and went 17-10 in September for its most successful month of the season. The Royals 86-76 record was their best mark since they went 92-70 in 1989. "This team came out every game and expected to win every game regardless of what happened the night before," said Greg Holland, who got three outs for his 47th save. "We got to grind it out that way; thats how you get in the playoffs. We came up short but I think going into next spring were going to be pretty happy with where were at." Chens sharp outing put a damper on what might have been the last major league game for White Sox captain Paul Konerko, who is eligible for free agency and isnt sure if he will play again next year. The veteran first baseman is second in franchise history with 427 homers and 1,361 RBIs, and third with 2,249 hits. Konerko was greeted with loud cheers when he was introduced with the starting lineup, and the crowd of 22,633 saluted the slugger with a standing ovation when he came to the plate in the first. He was replaced by Conor Gillaspie with one out in the top of the second, and he stopped to shake pitcher Jose Quintanas hand as he left the field to more cheers. "It always feels good. The fans here have treated me great over the years," said Konerko, who tweaked his back during Saturday nights 6-5 victory, leading to the quick hook in the finale. "In a year like this, they treated me better than probably I deserved, really the whole team when you think about it." Konerko waved his hat to the crowd as he made his way to the dugout. With the Royals also standing and clapping on the other side, the six-time All-Star acknowledged the long ovation with a brief curtain call. "Well see how I feel in a month or a month and a half from now," Konerko said about his future, "and try to come to grips with whats what." Chen (9-4) allowed one run, struck out four and walked three in 6 2-3 innings. The crafty left-hander went 6-4 with a 3.61 ERA in 15 starts after he joined the rotation in July. "I feel like I helped the team in the second half," Chen said. "I feel like I was a major contributor on a team making a run on the playoffs and it was fun." Alexei Ramirez homered for the White Sox, who left seven runners on base. Konerko fouled out to first with two on in his only plate appearance. Chicago loaded the bases with one out in the ninth, but Holland struck out Gordon Beckham and Marcus Semien to end the game. It was a fitting end for Chicago (63-99), which had one of the majors worst offences this year. Hitting coach Jeff Manto was let go on Saturday, and the White Sox finished with their most losses since they had a franchise-record 106 in 1970. "Nobody is happy with losing," Quintana said. "We obviously didnt get to the goal as a team, but the positive thing is to learn from it and come back the very next year and see what we can do." Quintana (9-7) pitched seven innings to reach 200 for the season. He was charged with four runs and six hits. The lefty issued two walks, and each of them was costly. Johnny Giavotella got one before Salvador Perez hit his 13th homer in the fourth, and Justin Maxwell got the other before Brett Hayes first homer of the year in the seventh. Perez misplayed a popup in his first career start at first base, but finished with three hits. The usual catcher went 6 for 12 with two homers and four RBIs in the series. "What a day he had offensively," Yost said. "Salvys going to be a producer all the way around, defensively, offensively." NOTES: White Sox 2B Gordon Beckham made a great diving stop to rob Irving Falu of a hit in the seventh. ... It was Hayes first homer since Sept. 21, 2011, for the Marlins against Atlanta. ... Sundays crowd brought the season total for U.S. Cellular Field to 1,765,544, an average of 21,833 per game. ... Holland finished with 103 strikeouts, tying Jim York (1971) for the franchise record for a reliever. Roman Weidenfeller Jersey .Those stars, most notably the top line of James van Riemsdyk, Tyler Bozak and Phil Kessel, struggled against the Montreal Canadiens and must be better as the Leafs look ahead to facing the Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Rangers this weekend. Borussia Dortmund Jerseys . Called on from the college ranks to replace Andy Reid, Kelly implemented a whole new atmosphere in the City of Brotherly Love and now has the Eagles in the playoffs for the first time since 2010. http://www.dortmundfcshop.com/c-33-alexander-isak-fc-borussia-dortmund-jersey.aspx . Ashton scored a hat trick -- giving him 13 goals in 16 AHL games this season -- to power the Toronto Marlies to a 5-2 victory over the visiting Lake Erie Monsters in AHL action on Sunday.IRVING, Texas - DeMarco Murray had no interest in discussing his future with the Dallas Cowboys a day after a division-round loss to Green Bay.Dez Bryant didnt even show up when the locker room was open to reporters Monday, far from unexpected when he knew the primary topic would be his huge catch that could have set up a late touchdown getting reversed on replay in a 26-21 defeat. Not to mention whether hell be back.The dominant question of the off-season — along with how soon coach Jason Garrett gets a new contract — will be the status of the NFL rushing leader in Murray and the leagues top producer of receiving touchdowns in Bryant.Both are free agents, and both would take a big chunk of a salary cap thats still a little tight for the Cowboys even after dumping franchise sacks leader DeMarcus Ware last year.Im not worried about my future, Murray said shortly after offering a terse I dont know to the question of whether he would be back. I just lost a big game, the biggest game of my life. Just not worried about it right now. Just relax with my family and get away from it for a little bit.Bryant wont be able to get away from questions about the catch that wasnt for a long time, maybe until he gets past the divisional round, if that ever happens. It was a play of such magnitude, even defensive players were getting questions about whether it was a catch, and whether the rule should change.Of course the Cowboys are going to say it was a catch, but several were quick to add that there were other opportunities to get the storied franchise to an NFC championship game for the first time in 19 years. The longest previous gap between conference title games was nine years.I looked at it over and over, defensive end Jeremy Mincey said. It was definitely frustrating. But it shouldnt have even came down to one play. We missed some key tackles and thats what hurt us.A season that began with owner Jerry Jones tamping down expectations by telling thousandss of fans at a kickoff luncheon that his team faced an uphill battle ended with the first playoff berth — and post-season victory — since 2009. Andre Schurrle Jersey. .It didnt matter what anyone else had to say outside of these walls, said cornerback Brandon Carr, who didnt have an interception for the first time in his career and could be asked to take a pay cut if he wants to return.It was motivating, entertaining at times. We had a mission and task at hand. Although it was a good season, we still feel like we had much more to prove. We werent done with our journey.Jones may have a hard time keeping play-caller Scott Linehan, a catalyst for Murrays huge season, and defensive co-ordinator Rod Marinelli. The former Detroit coach made the Cowboys competitive with several bargain-basement pieces, and Dallas was much better than the leagues worst defence from a year ago.We have a special thing going with all the pieces that are in this building right now, Carr said. We have something special brewing and the chemistrys definitely coming around and you can see it on the field.Tony Romo was still standing at the end of a season that started with the 34-year-old quarterback coming off back surgery. He missed a game with another back injury, and played through a left knee injury in the loss to the Packers.Bryant is likely to rejoin Romo because the Cowboys can use the franchise tag on him at least once if they cant agree on a long-term deal. If Murray returns as well, Romo will also have trusty tight end Jason Witten and a young offensive line considered one of the best in the league.You just dont know how many opportunities like this will come around, Romo said after the game. That is the hardest part. You just dont know. You know everything you had to do to get to this point and now you have to do it again.___Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL___Follow Schuyler Dixon on Twitter at https://twitter.com/apschuyler Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Journalisée
Pages: [1]   Haut de page
  Imprimer  

Aller à: