Skirmish Islands

Avril 25, 2018, 09:03:20
Bienvenue, Invité. Veuillez vous connecter ou vous inscrire.
Avez-vous perdu votre courriel d'activation?

Connexion avec identifiant, mot de passe et durée de la session
Pages: [1]   Bas de page
  Imprimer  
Auteur Fil de discussion: NHL team could come calling, but he brushed that off for now as  (Lu 99 fois)
bellis555
Dieu

Popularité : 0
Hors ligne Hors ligne

« le: Décembre 19, 2017, 04:27:44 »

BALTIMORE -- The Orioles activated first baseman Chris Davis from the 15-day disabled list Sunday, a move that would have generated more enthusiasm in the Baltimore clubhouse if catcher Matt Wieters didnt take his place on the DL with a right elbow strain. Nigel Bradham Jersey . After spending the minimum time on the disabled list with a strained muscle near his left ribcage, Davis was in the starting lineup for Sundays game against the Houston Astros. Wieters had an MRI on his elbow Monday and visited Dr. James Andrews, who prescribed he rest his arm. Wieters served as designated hitter this week, but the Orioles decided it would be a good idea to shut him down for a while. "I think to get the best opportunity for this to heal properly we need to let it quiet down completely," manager Buck Showalter said. "Youre getting treatment all day then its, Hold on a second to take some swings in the cage. I got to get ready for the game." Showalter added: "Originally, they felt the best case scenario was a two- or three-week period where he wasnt throwing. I think this gives us the best opportunity for this thing to manage itself." Wieters is batting .308 with five homers and 18 RBIs, but he has thrown out only one of 12 would-be base stealers. "Its not like some acute pain. Its just that he knows its not like it should be to catch at the major league level," Showalter said. "A lot of catchers would die to be able to make the throws Matt has made so far this year." Davis led the majors last year with 53 home runs and 138 RBIs. This season he has two homers and 13 RBIs in 22 games. He went on the DL on April 27, retroactive to April 26, after being pulled from a game against Kansas City. His rehabilitation assignment lasted only one game -- a 1 for 4 outing Saturday night for Class A Bowie. "Hes doing some things now he wasnt able to do that three or four day period he was trying to play through it," Showalter said. "That was good to hear from him." Steve Pearce performed well at first base and at the plate, but Davis lobbied to return Sunday and got his wish. "Steve Pearce is no stranger to success," Davis said. "Hes been big for us the last couple of years and hes done a great job. But Im tired of seeing him hit home runs." Astros manager Bo Porter was hoping Davis might remain on the DL at least another day, through the end the three-game series that concluded Sunday. "I thought he was going to stay down in Bowie," Porter joked. "We might just walk him four times. No, hes a good player. But you make quality pitches you have a good chance of getting him out. Im sure theyre excited to have him back." Reggie White Jersey . Gauteng High Court Judge Dunstan Mlambo ruled Tuesday that South African media houses will be allowed to install three remote controlled cameras in court for the Olympic athletes trial starting next week to capture images that likely will be seen by millions around the world. Ron Jaworski Jersey . The two-time former Formula One champion downplayed his third-place finish three weeks ago in China and said progress is going slow for Ferrari as it tries to make up ground on Mercedes. http://www.theeaglesshoponline.com/Youth-Trey-Burton-Eagles-Jersey/ . A better question yet may be this: How many times has the same player been involved in both? Morneau hit a two-run homer in the 10th inning and helped the Colorado Rockies turn the third triple play in team history as they beat the San Diego Padres 8-6 on Sunday.TORONTO -- When Bob Nicholson woke up Friday morning, he turned to the business section of the newspaper and noticed a good omen hours before announcing his resignation as Hockey Canada president and CEO. "I saw that gold had just gone up, so I thought it was the right time to make this announcement," Nicholson joked. Nicholsons tenure will be remembered for 44 gold medals in mens, womens and sledge hockey at various levels in the past 15-plus years. He knows his legacy will revolve around the strength of Hockey Canada, but he really wants to be remembered for his impact on people. "I want it to be about kids, kids playing the game," Nicholson said. "If we have a lot of kids playing the game, were going to win gold medals." Nicholson, 60, has a chance to add a couple more before leaving June 1, but after that the job will fall to someone else. Jim Hornell, chairman of Hockey Canadas board of directors, said hell put together a "blue-ribbon selection committee comprised of many stakeholders in the game to identify and appoint a new president and CEO." Whether Nicholson has any input on that decision is up to Hornell, Nicholson said. In the meantime, hell take some time to relax. "Im going to go out to Penticton, Ive got a spot in Mexico, Im going to go sit up there in a hammock and read a book and just enjoy life for a bit," said Nicholson, who also plans to travel to Minsk, Belarus, in May for the mens world championship. Nicholson said he started to consider resigning just after the Sochi Olympics, when Canada won mens and womens gold yet again. "I have known Bob since I was 15 and he has done so much for my career and for hockey in Canada," said Hayley Wickenheiser, who helped lead the womens team to gold. "No one is more passionate about winning and developing hockey than Bob. He has been a big supporter of womens hockey and is a big reason behind our success." Hornell took time in his remarks at Fridays news conference to point out that Nicholson made major personal sacrifices for Hockey Canada, that the Penticton, B.C., native "has put hockey ahead of so many people and groups competing for his attention." The only time Nicholson got emotional during Fridays remarks was when he talked about sister Lois, wife Lorna and their kids, Mandi, Marijean and Grant. "Lorna, youve done an unbelievable job," he said, choking up. In saying goodbye to an organization hee has been a part of since 1990, when it was the Canadian Hockey Association, Nicholson shared stories about his past and hopes for the future. Torrey Smith Jersey. One came from a long conversation with Wayne Gretzky. "We were having a laugh and he says, Bob, I remember when you started and wed go out for dinner and I wanted to order dessert and you said, Hey Wayne, we cant afford that. And Id sign a jersey and wed get dinner paid for," Nicholson recalled. "Weve come a long ways." Chief operating officer Scott Smith, who has been mentioned as a replacement for Nicholson, said the organization had 23 employees when Nicholson started and just under 120 now. Nicholson said he had to get introduced to some of the staff recently because the group had grown so big. Managing and building that will be someone elses job. As for what Nicholson does next, he said he doesnt quite know yet. "Im going to see if I can get my old job back in Penticton on the golf range picking up golf balls for the summer," he joked. "But seriously Im going to stay here till June 1 and Im going to take some time. Ive been at this, I dont know how to go half-speed and Im going to enjoy some time in Penticton, see my mom, see my kids. Im sure Im going to do something, but theres certainly nothing in the immediate future." Nicholson will stay on as vice-president of the International Ice Hockey Federation, where he can represent Canadas interests on that world stage. At some point an NHL team could come calling, but he brushed that off for now as speculation. Asked what advice hed give to his successor, Nicholson again brought it back to the people, not the medals. "Care about the game, make sure its safe, make sure that youre in Flin Flon and all the small (towns with) minor hockey across the country," he said. "Talk about sledge hockey, talk about womens hockey. The other stuff will come." That includes more gold medals. Under Nicholson, Canadas men snapped a 50-year Olympic drought at the 2002 Games in Salt Lake City, won on home soil in Vancouver in 2010 and again in Sochi in February. But the career highlight he pointed to was something different. "Maybe in Torino, going and watching our sledge team win for the very first time," Nicholson said. "Seeing the commitment that they had to do to win that gold medal was special. But you can never take away Salt Lake City, Vancouver -- theyre all 1As." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Journalisée
Pages: [1]   Haut de page
  Imprimer  

Aller à: